HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Help with Knitting Pattern Needed!

Okay, all you knitters out there, I need your help!

I have just started this very cute totebag. My main color is chocolate brown, and the accent color will be a Tiffany blue. I'm so excited for it!

I am currently doing the base, but my question is what do I do when the base is finished and I move on to the sides? The pattern says "With circular needles, pick up and knit 10 stitches along short side of base..." (the link above shows the whole pattern, if you'd like to read the whole thing for context).

My question is: Should I bind off the base before starting the sides? I think that's the only way that will allow me to start along the short side of the base. But, maybe I'm missing something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!