HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, January 25, 2010

Last Week of Freedom

It's just one more week until I start my new post-doc, and I'm a bit nervous about the new position.

I'm not really familiar with the research area, so it will be a steep learning curve. I hope that I am smart and capable enough to hold my own, and don't end up looking like a complete idiot. I also worry that I might end up hating this too, just like my PhD research.

I'm also nervous about working for a new PI and with new grad students & post-docs. My PhD experience in that regard was not a particularly good one, so I am hoping it will be better in this case.

Another thing I'm worried about is keeping up my exercise routine. I've been working out four times a week, and I really love it now. I would be very disappointed in myself if I let it slip. It will be harder to schedule it in, obviously, since I will only be able to do so in the evenings. But, I really need to do this for myself, because I feel so much better lately.

The good thing is I'll only be working four days a week. So that means I can hit the gym, catch up on my reading or knitting, or work on outreach stuff on my day off.

But, for now I should stop thinking about all of this and try to enjoy my last week off!