HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Extraneous Crap

One of my new year's resolutions was to get rid of extraneous crap in my life. When I made this resolution, I had a couple things in mind and it may be time to make some decisions.

The first is all about Facebook. I've already deleted a lot of the things I had on my page, such as notes, links, even a few photo albums. Not that I had anything really incriminating up there, but I just wanted to streamline things a bit. What I really want to do is...um..."edit" my friends list. There are some people that I'm "friends" with that I really am not. I don't enjoy reading their (sometimes very offensive) status updates or seeing photos of their drunken escapades. I have gone through the list a couple of times and deleted a few people, but I feel like I need to be more realistic/ruthless.

The second one is about my blog on the Nature Network. I started this blog only a few months ago, but I always feel at a loss for what to post about. All the other NN bloggers are so intelligent, witty, and seem to be on there all the time. By the time I read the blogs, there are 30+ comments and I'm just out of the loop and feel like an outsider. And, even when I put in the effort to put together (what I think is) a really great post, I don't get a lot of comments. Right now, the NN blog just feels like a chore. I need to decide whether to come up with a better game plan for my posts, or to just throw in the towel.

These are two examples of extraneous crap in my life that is causing me unnecessary stress. Now I just need to get the cojones (or the female version) to actually do something about them.