HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 Books

One of my 2009 resolutions was to read one book per month. I managed to meet and even surpass this goal, and read 17 books. Here is the list from the most recent:

The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield
Motherhood: The Elephant in the Laboratory by Emily Monosson
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
The Graduate by Charles Web
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
The Pact by Jodi Picoult

Apparently I read a lot of books by Jodi Picoult, but only one (The Pact) was really good. The others were interesting, but not nearly as good as My Sister's Keeper, for example, which I read in 2008.

I read three non-fiction books, all were informative. I especially enjoyed The Introvert Advantage, and recommend it to anyone who's an introvert or is in a relationship with one.

Books to skip from this list: The Graduate and The Handmaid's Tale.

The top three for me: The Cellist of Sarajevo, The Book of Negroes, and The Glass Castle.

I have a huge pile of books beside the bed and hope to get through 20-25 this year! What were your favorite and least favorite books of 2009?