HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, July 13, 2009

Talk

I finished making my slides for my defense talk last week. I thought it'd be pretty good, but I knew that once I went through it once I'd have to edit it.

Well, I did it this morning, and it took me 45 minutes to get through the intro/background stuff! LOL Half of it was me just pontificating longer on things than I should have. Then there was a bunch of extraneous stuff that I had included, and I was having some issues with some transitions.

I have edited it down a bit now, and the whole thing took me 47 minutes this time. Not bad. It'd be nice if it was a bit shorter, although I think that will happen as I practice it a couple of times and refine some transitions and explanations.

I got to admit, this part is kind of fun.