HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Saturday, July 25, 2009

One week to go

I feel like I've been doing count-downs for a while now! When one thing is done, another is coming up.

Well, now that my defense is over, I can finally start getting excited about our trip to South America! I absolutely cannot believe that we're leaving a week from today!

We have all the gear, got our immunizations & pills for various things, we have booked all the excursions we want to do out of Rio (we're going to a soccer match the first day we get there!), and everything seems to be set!

I have to give a talk while we're in Rio. I made up the slides yesterday (okay, more like I took slides from my PhD talk and edited them a bit). I need to practice a couple times to make sure it fits in the time constraints. Other than that, I'm not really too worried about it. I'm also presenting a poster on my astronomy outreach stuff.

One last thing on our list to prepare is to head to a used book store and get a couple of small & cheap paper backs to bring with us. Any recommendations?