HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harvesting the Heart: A Novel, by Jodi Picoult

Even with the defense looming, I have made time to keep reading. Here is a review of the latest book I read.

Compared to the other Picoult books I have read, Harvesting the Heart wasn't nearly as good. I felt myself waiting for it to get started, and then realized I was more than halfway through. It never really got going at the pace of some of her other books (which I had a hard time putting down).

I liked the idea of telling a story from a mother's perspective, especially a mother who felt that she was not doing as well as she should be. I think a lot of new mothers feel that way.

Otherwise, I didn't feel the plot was particularly feasible. Paige was made out to be a strong character, but then completely gave her life over to Nicolas - who himself was a complete jerk throughout the whole book that I just couldn't fathom Paige being in love with him.

Overall, it lacked the excitement I'm used to from Picoult, the plot had too many holes, and in general just wasn't believable. 2 of out 5 stars.