HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, June 26, 2009

Thinking of "Coming Out"

For the past while I have been thinking of coming out of pseudonymity and blogging under my own name. Although I'm not sure if it matters all that much. I don't think I have blogged about anything that could get me in trouble (have I?), so "coming out" wouldn't be an issue.

I honestly can't think of any great advantages or disadvantages either way. I have friends and family who read the blog, so obviously they already know who I am. The other people that read the blog probably wouldn't know me personally if I came out - or if they did, I doubt it'd matter much.

I would still keep the names of DH, family, friends, and colleagues (i.e., anyone I mention on the blog) private. However, I guess if I come out, then they might be "outed" as well. Something to consider, I guess.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any advice or suggestions?