HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, June 19, 2009

Some updates

Since I took the week off there is not much to report at all! I've made a slight dent in my pre-defense to-do list (I handed in my final project for my education workshop and did some more outreach stuff).

I've also been working on my knitting. I need to keep reminding myself that it's all about the journey and not the destination - that I need to enjoy making the scarf, and not just do it to get it done. I enjoy it though, and I'm about half done. The one thing I'm not sure about is how to join two balls of yarn. I ended up just tying a knot and will tuck in the ends later!

Somewhat more exciting news is about DH's job search. Obviously I can't be very specific about it, but he found out that one job he applied has been filled already. There are three other opportunities still on the table (four including here). He has made headway with two of those, and is still waiting to hear back on the last. It will be interesting to see how fast/slow this whole process will go. At the very least, it has been fun to daydream about moving, and we've even looked at houses in these locations just for fun :)

I haven't completely decided yet, but next week I may start studying for my defense. Or I may not. For some reason I just don't care about it right now!