HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not sure how to do this

Last week I started "studying" for my defense. Really, all I did was read through my thesis and made notes on things I need to brush up on.

Today I started going through the list and was getting so frustrated. It's really hard for me to figure out how much I need to know about a certain concept. I start reading about it, wondering how much I really need to know, and of course start to freak out. Am I concentrating too much on something I only mention practically in passing, or is this something that the committee will pick out and if I don't know it I'll look like an idiot?

I'm also finding it really hard to motivate myself at this point. I know it's only three weeks away, and I really need to just sit down and work/study, but I. JUST. DON'T. CARE. ANYMORE. I'm so completely bored when I go to read anything.

Did this happen to you when you were preparing for your defense? How did you overcome it (or did you)? How much time do you think you spent preparing for it? How close were the questions you were asked to those you thought you would get?