HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lovin' Work

This week I have decided to basically ignore that my thesis exists. Six weeks is a long time, and I don't want to make myself go crazy (hence the long list last time).

After the conference on the weekend, I have become very motivated about the general science outreach program I run. So, I have been doing some good work with it! So far I've
  • designed a big banner for community events and have sent it for printing
  • organized a volunteer/supporter appreciation event for next week and have sent out all the invitations
  • designed and printed certificates for the awards we will give out at the event
  • completely re-organized our office so there is actually room to walk around
  • written up a year-long timeline for the new coordinators
This afternoon, I also put together a poster for my astronomy outreach program to present in Brazil!!

I am absolutely loving this stuff! It is so much fun to work on! The great thing is that there are a lot of things to do, so it keeps me occupied (and doesn't bore me), but it's not freakin' impossible (like research is). It has really made me realize how much I want to do this kind of thing as a career instead of research. I have just been in such a better mood since I submitted my thesis and haven't had to work on it.

Hopefully though, I'll still be motivated to study for that damn defense :P