HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Knitting

I have taken up knitting this year, and have really been enjoying it. I haven't made anything specific yet. Instead, I've just been making test pieces and trying out different stitches and such. I actually got half done a scarf and ripped it all out because it was curling in like crazy.

Well, I think I'm ready to move on to something real! So, I'm going to finish up my current pot holder (haha!), and then start a...ready for it?....scarf! LOL I know it doesn't sound exciting, but I have this wonderfully soft, dark blue wool, and I always had a scarf in mind for that.

After that, I plan on tackling a baby blanket. I know, I know...I don't have a baby, and I'm not even pregnant. BUT, I figure it'll happen some day (soon perhaps), so why not? I'm going to choose a super soft yellow yarn (so it'll be gender neutral) and will try a checkerboard pattern. I'm super excited!

I will post pictures when I finish!