HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I give up!

I had all these plans to keep going into work from 9am-5pm everyday until my defense, and just work on multiple things. Well, I basically finished all those extra things (mostly the outreach stuff) by the middle of last week and I've been doing a lot of thumb-twiddling lately.

I went into work yesterday morning and was so bored by noon, I just ate lunch with DH and went home. I've decided I'm going to take the rest of the week off, enjoy the great weather we are having, and then start a study schedule next week. I may also do some work on my presentation and final project for the education workshop here and there.

In other news, DH and I are feeling really terrible about ourselves. We wasted away the whole weekend (of beautiful weather, I might add) and eating like crap. For some reason we are finding it hard to get out of that lowest energy state - it takes a lot of energy/motivation to do anything these days.

Unfortunately, it's starting to show. I put on some shorts I bought last summer, and they are t-i-g-h-t. DH is having some similar issues. So, we really need to get our butts in gear and be more active, but we've tried this kind of thing in the past and we suck at it. We tend to get in a negative feedback loop: if one person doesn't want to go to the gym, then the other won't, etc..

What do you do to motivate yourself to get active? What kind of active things do you do? Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!!