HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, May 15, 2009

First Draft

This morning, after writing my acknowledgments section, I have officially completed one full draft of my thesis! Woohoo!!

My supervisor is currently reading two chapters (the intro, and the one on project #3) - or at least has them in his hands. I'm hoping he'll get those back to me next week, when I plan to give him all the short parts (abstract, co-authorship statement, and the conclusions chapter).

So, things to do while I'm waiting are: make sure all the symbols and abbreviations are in the list; adding (if necessary) small portions to the science chapters to link them together; making sure the figures/tables are readable and in the correct spot; and double checking citations, reference lists and general formating.

More good news is that we have three confirmed examiners: two from the department and one external to the university. The only one we have left is a university examiner. Four people have been invited, but we are still waiting for a response.

It's all starting to come together! Yay and GAH at the same time!

In the meantime, I am also attending a teaching workshop. In the first session we talked about learning styles, teaching perspectives, and how to set objectives for a course (or even one class). Today we are meeting and each person is giving a 10 minute micro-teaching session. Then, we are given feedback - should be interesting!