HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nothing to do...

...but write the thesis. I finished the analysis a couple of days ago. After what happened last week, I decided not to post about it until I was sure it was done correctly.

I spent yesterday looking at a different analysis technique. It was pretty straightforward, so I got that all done by about 1pm. After that, I was trying to figure out what else to do...and then it dawned on me: I've really got nothing to do but write the rest of my thesis. Gulp. It's kind of daunting, knowing that the only thing I really have to do now is write up.

I kind of don't believe it - I feel like I'm going to find out tomorrow or next week that something went wrong and I'll have to do it all over again. I also (kind of) wish that I still had other things to do! The closer I get to the defense, the more I freak out. I know the thesis itself will be fine, and I know I'll do well with the talk...but just thinking about the defense makes me want to puke.

Anyway, obviously I need to get over it. Today, I start writing.