HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney

This book had been recommended by a few people, and I found it very informative and useful. As I was reading, I thought often to myself "this is me!" - it made me understand my actions/feelings more (and those of others as well).

Not only does it discuss the positives and negatives of being an introvert, but also does the same for extroverts (i.e., being an extrovert isn't all it's cracked up to be!). It gives some good advice on how to deal with certain situations, although sometimes assumes that the reader is an extreme introvert (where most people are somewhere in between). Using relevant examples from some clients was especially helpful.

The best part was learning to love my introvert qualities and not to be embarrassed or feel guilty for them. I'd recommend this book to anyone - introverts and extroverts alike! 4 out of 5 stars