HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

FFRAAACHHGHG!

Okay, I know it seemed yesterday that project #3 was pretty much under control - and I felt that it was - but that's not the case anymore! This project is going to kill me, I swear.

There is one more thing I need to do before I can get the numbers out of the data that I want. ONE. And you can bet your ass that it's not working - even though I've done the exact same thing with other data and it worked perfectly fine.

What's even more annoying is if I do the calculation manually myself, it works, but the automated software - that makes everything so easy and straightforward - doesn't. I've spent the last two days trying to figure it out to no avail. Screw it. I'm doing the calculation myself.

Then, I get an email from my supervisor at the end of the day today suggesting an additional method of analysis. Um, what?? He wants me to do more analysis on data that we're not going to get anything out of??

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where I'm just going to have to say "this is where I draw the line for this project. I will. not. do. anything. more." - or else it's going to turn into a never ending PhD project.

Dear God - I just want this damn thesis to be done and over with so I can be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen cooking my man dinner!!!!