HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, April 3, 2009

Expensive Pussies!!

Okay - get your mind out of the gutter.

We love our cats - they are like children to us. I actually use them as a child-substitute for when I get really bad baby-fever attacks. And what's not to love really? I mean, they're cute as hell, funny to watch, and know to cuddle you when you're sad.

Fig. 1 Isaac & Izzie in the bookcase.

Sure, they do stupid things like unrolling the whole roll of toilet paper, climb the curtains, or puke every two days, but who doesn't?


Fig. 2 Izzie with a whole TP roll.

We love our cats so much that we'll be taking them with us wherever we move (I can't believe some people just leave their pets when they move! Gah!). So, I called the vet to inquire what the deal was if we happen to move to England (one of our potential options).

She told me about the tests that they would have to run, 6 months before we move, and would cost a minimum of $240 for each cat!! To get their blood tested!! That's even worse than the $450 to get one of Isaac's teeth pulled...which we haven't done yet (hey, if he's not complaining, why bother, right? Am I going to be a bad mommy?).

Damn...it's a good thing they're cute (see Fig. 1).