HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Saturday, February 14, 2009

VDay

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

DH and I don't really celebrate VDay - we did go out for dinner last night though, and completely gorged ourselves. Since we're not doing anything special, and since yesterday was our 5 month (!!! Haha!) wedding anniversary, I wanted to tell the blogosphere why I love DH so much.

1. He's the nicest, sweetest, most understanding man I've ever met. Seriously - he puts up with a lot of my BS.

2. He takes things in stride much better than I do. Take the time where our flights were canceled at Christmas when we were supposed to go from his hometown to mine: I seriously would have just curled up in a corner and cried, but he took care of everything and got us to my hometown by the next morning. All the while he kept saying "Don't worry hun, I'll get us there."

3. He's so super smart and I totally respect what he does. It blows my mind the things he works on - and it's even more sexy that he's not a blow hard about it. I'm so proud of him on a daily basis.

4. I love, love, LOVE watching him play soccer. This was one of the reasons why I initially had a crush on him.

5. We share the same views on pretty much everything. We even hate the same types of people! Haha!

6. He stayed here after he finished his PhD to wait for me (when he told me that, I knew that moment that I wanted to marry him).

7. He has the most delectable butt I have ever seen.

8. He just plain makes my life better - he's my best friend.

9. He's always there to help with my problems - and sometimes will even just listen to me blubber on because I just need to vent.

10. I can absolutely, 100% be myself around him --- and he still loves me.

So, to my DH: you are my Valentine, and will be for the rest of our lives. Happy Valentine's Day!