HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some Great Links

Instead of blessing you with another amazing blog entry, I'd like to point you toward a few wonderful posts that have been written in the last few days around the blogosphere.

***
From time to time I rant about what I loathe about academia - but I've never written it all down in one place.

Ambivalent Academic recently posted an absolutely spot-on summary of what is wrong with academia today. So, grab a cup of coffee and take a few minutes to go into the head of what most grad students are thinking.

An excellent post, which demonstrates one of the topics that AA discusses, was written by Jenn, PhD over at Life as I know it..., where she describes a situation with her PI.

For a more positive spin on academia, see AA's "Part 1" of the saga.

***
I recently blogged about the downward spiral of undergraduate student attitude when it comes to academia. FSP wrote another great post about entitlement.

***
Finally, for a little laugh (if you're a geek like me), check out P'Dizzle's latest post.