HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blogroll Amnesty Day

Sciencewomen noted today (or was it yesterday?) is Blogroll Amnesty Day - a day for all of us out in the blogosphere to give a shout out to our favorite, but maybe lesser-known, blogs. They were kind enough to put this blog on their list (*blush*), so I thought I'd make my own.

Since I'm probably one of the least known blogs, all my shout outs will be to my favorites:

1. Academomia - a great blog about a mother of two trying to finish up her PhD (and is sooooo close!). Hilariousness generally ensues!

2. What the hell is wrong with you? - how can you lose with such a great title?

3. Professor in Training - great commentary on what it's like to be a non-tenured prof in TP land.

4. Dr. Jekyll & Mrs. Hyde - I see her as future me, so I can relate.

5. FemaleScienceProfessor - gives absolutely fantastic advice on how to survive academia, and generates really interesting conversations.

I love other blogs as well (see my blogroll to the right -->), but those might be more widely known and get enough credit already ;)

PS: Life in PhD land is still sucking, and I spent all of last night and this morning crying my eyes out and/or throwing hissy fits about how much I hate things right now. I have a meeting with my advisor in 1 hour and 40 minutes where I may or may not tell him I'm leaving. But I won't, because I'm a wuss and a sucker. Grr.