HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day of LaTeX

So, I've used LaTeX for years, and I've used it for my MSc thesis and the papers I've written. I went to upload my newly accepted paper to Astro-ph, but it kept being "rejected".

The first time I tried to upload it, I used just the PDF version. It was rejected (even though they accept PDFs) because it looked like it was generated by LaTeX.

Fine - so I put all my LaTeX files in a zipped file and uploaded that - it didn't work either. That was my fault though, because I had left out a style file. I tried it again (making sure it all worked before uploading) and it was still rejected.

I emailed them, and they told me my bibliography wasn't done using Bibtex, so I had to do that in order to upload.

I spent the whole entire afternoon trying to figure out how to use it. It was such a frustrating experience!! I finally got it to work at the very end of the day, and now I feel bad for leaving it undone.

Maybe I'll work on it tonight.

Or maybe I'll have another glass of wine.